top of page

Overdose Symptoms in Coffee Consumption

Obviously, there is no set norm for drinking coffee. For some, just two cups of this beverage may be too bad, and for others it will take much more than a glass. The effect of a stimulant such as caffeine is personal. However, the symptoms of a coffee overdose are quickly noticed. Most often, these symptoms are implicit, simply put, they are weak. And they occur at the earliest stage of an overdose of coffee.

Overdose of coffee - symptoms:

Redness occurs on the skin. The first noticeable sign that you've had enough coffee is a skin rash. The blood rushes to the muscles very strongly, so the skin is redder than usual.

Extremely shining eyes. Adrenaline is a stimulant of all available glands, therefore it affects the lacrimal glands so that the eyes are more moist, reflecting the light much stronger. It can be caused by blood flow to the muscles in the body and excessive adrenaline.

Body temperature rises. . It can also be caused by the release of glucose from the liver into the blood from where it is released by the same caffeine. This symptom can be strong, sharp and pass quickly, but gradually increase.

The tremor is felt in the extremities or throughout the body. Early levels of caffeine overdose are characterized by neuromuscular contractions in certain areas of the body. For example, fingers or calves may tremble or knees may feel weak. Often there is some internal tension that is replaced by jitter. It begins to be perceived in the solar plexus area and gradually spreads throughout the body.

Heart rate increases. This symptom also occurs due to the excessive adrenaline released into the blood under the influence of the same caffeine.

Dizziness is another common symptom of a coffee overdose. It can manifest in a variety of ways, from the appearance of a light veil in the eyes to the complete feeling that the world is slipping under your feet and the world around you is starting to "turn".

All of these symptoms can occur within fifteen to twenty minutes of consuming excessive coffee. Most often it happens as a result of overdosing at various gatherings in bars or cafes, where there is little space, but a lot of people and, of course, strong coffee. To avoid unpleasant consequences, you should drink more water.


bottom of page